Thursday, March 7, 2013

Friends are Everywhere!!!

I feel like I am always apologizing to all of you these days ... I haven't posted in too long but I suppose that this is better than I have been in the past and I will continue to strive to blog regularly --- I promise!

I had a marvelous trip to the North Carolina mountains a couple of weeks ago to visit a little treasure of a yarn shop nestled in a small town full of personality, Burnsville, NC.  Yummi Yarns is currently housed together with The Design Gallery which was so much fun to see.  I was busy with Pastiche workshops for much of the time there but I did get the chance to wander around to see the fabulous artwork, pottery, jewelry and woodwork that owner Wendy Reid has gathered for all to appreciate.  Wendy will be moving Yummi Yarns to its own location just across from the local cafe - perfect!!!  It's hard to believe that the shop will be even better than it is but I can't wait to see.

Back to the original theme of this post... I met Wendy last year at SAFF in Asheville and immediately felt that I had a new best friend!  I made more best friends this weekend ... The ladies in my workshops were all so much fun (once again, was I really working?) Thanks to Katherine, Linda, Ruth and Laura for being such great students!...And one even graciously invited me into her lovely mountain home.  Myrna and I had a fun sleepover and I got to wake up to this...




And here is the view from the Myrna's living room!  We got to enjoy this while knitting and sipping coffee... I wonder if Myrna still appreciates the mountain beauty after seeing it every day!  I'll bet she does :)


I keep finding new friends everywhere!  Thanks to Yummi Yarns and its customers for being such a welcoming bunch :)

1 comment:

  1. I just read this post and it struck a cord. I made your Madrigal cardi with cotton yarn that I bought at Yummy yarns🥰 this was a year and a half ago and I finished it this 2022 August.

    ReplyDelete