Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One Can Never Have Too Many Projects?

I officially have cast-onitis :)  Of course, I did finish Botanica Medallion Cardi (pictures on Ravelry) and Raglan Leaf Tee to satisfy my need to not think ... :) But anyway...these are the new kids on the block...thanks to MFG and MFL and some Malabrigo Lace in my stash, I had to cast on Citron

A fun and easy knit ... only that there's a LOT of purling...I don't really mind purling but in the ruched (sp?) areas, there are a lot of stitches and my Citron hasn't even gotten very big yet!  I know someone who may not want to attempt this one (you know who you are :)) because of the massive amount of purling...

Next on the roll we have "Flock", a shawlette with a simple lace ruffle planned...my Madeleinetosh "Pashmina has been calling to me ever since Stitches South!  I didn't even plan the shadow puppet!

This yarn is amazing once I got past the spat we had during the winding process...I am dreading winding the second skein but I will let you know how that goes - maybe the first was a fluke!  The yarn has cashmere and silk - very soft and nice to knit with!







And then, of course, "Magical Swing" is out of the gates.  I am very excited about this one, a high hip-length A-line jacket using DK Superwash Merino from The Knit Witch.  I am planning some textured colorwork on a backdrop of stockinette stitch and am knitting from the bottom, the entire body at the same time until the underarms.  I love this because, even though the rows are long in the beginning, by the time you get to the underarms, you are really close (and of course less finishing!)

Well...I also have started the second sleeve of "Dragonfly Wings"  ... getting close!

So can one have too many projects?  Cause as you guys (y'all) know, there's probably at least 10 that I am not telling you about (but they are kind of sleeping now so ... they DON'T count! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment