Friday, May 14, 2010

The Zen of Knitting (or...let someone else think for you :))

Now, mind you, I get a great deal of pleasure from designing something new for others to knit (and for me to knit too) but sometimes you just gotta let someone else tell you what to do and knit for the sake of knitting...so I did a little stash diving yesterday and actually got 2 new projects on the needles!  :)


But... let me back up for a minute... I was doing some serious number crunching for "Swinglet" and am stuck at the schematic ... I really wish that I could overcome the "wish-someone-would-just-show-me-how-to-do-it-and-then-I-could-move-on-syndrome" ... I am facing the challenge of a free software package (Inkscape) which supposedly is easy to learn but not being a twenty-something or just someone who likes to play with software and figure it out, I am stuck.  The blessing is that I know that I will figure it out and that it will be no big deal so get on with it already!!! :)

Anyway, between "Swinglet" and knitting a plain part of "Dragonfly Wings" (but thinking about final embellishments and sleeve shaping), I was not setting out for a joyful knitting day so... happy happy joy joy I started on The Botanical Medallion Cardigan (from Vogue Knitting) and Raglan Leaf Tee (hee hee)



Back to work a little bit today before going to the grind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment