Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Can Women Really Multi-Task?

Or is it really just a myth?  Way too many tasks makes them get lost in the archives!!:)  I am still holding out hope that I can "do it all"  but it seems as if with everything on my mind, I am dropping the ball way too often!  I should thing that I would start to be more organized and efficient with my time pretty soon.  I am loving working at Starbucks just not having the inconsistent schedule...hopefully the manager will be able to level out my schedule pretty soon once I am just as good as the other Baristas.  Yesterday I worked from 5 am to 11 am which kind of threw me for a loop but I think it wouldn't be so bad if that was pretty much my regular schedule.  The shift went pretty quickly and there were different things to do to open up the store so all in all pretty good! 

DSJ turned 19 yesterday!  I can't believe my baby is nearly a full-fledged adult!  We didn't see much of him on the big day and will need to have a little party later in the week as we had not heard from him on when he was coming home.  He is moving in with a friend which makes Mommy sad but I think it will be good for him.  No parents nagging at him about a job (at least not his own) - his friend's Dad has told him that he can officially move in but that he needs to have a job...adults with their one-track mind! :)

Off to OE today to meet up this morning with a group of Knitting friends that I don't get to see very often and then later on with the regulars:)  Sausalito class starts this Saturday 10 am - 12 pm and also "Every Way Wrap" from Interweave Knits Fall 2009 at 1 pm.  The Every Way Wrap is the prequel so that students can learn a great way to cast on for 2 X 2 ribbing (I know I am turning into a cast on freak!) - after the prequel, the class will meet Saturdays, Feb 6 and Feb 20 1 - 4 pm.  This class is the first in a series "By the Book".  I will be teaching 2 other projects from the Fall 2009 Issue of Interweave Knits - students can attend all 3 classes or pick from the menu :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment