Tuesday, January 19, 2010

On Coffee and Cast-Ons :)

First of all, when you must try a lot of different coffees (you know, dedication to the job and all), be sure to make some of the tastes DECAF!!!  At least I made the wise decision yesterday of no caffeine after 2ish but a whole bunch of caffeine (and I mean a WHOLE bunch - those of you who know me well know that I usually drink a half bunch :)) doesn't make one feel one's best!!! Yes DFS, there is such a thing as too much coffee :)

Also, did you know that you can cast on in purl stitch using the long tail cast-on?  I am learning so much doing the Master Knitters Program - I have to admit that I didn't think there was that much room for improvement but boy was I wrong!  When you cast on using the regular long tail, it actually forms the first knit row so if the piece you are working on should have purl bumps on the WS, the first row after casting on should actually be a ws row...  Anyway, I was preparing to reknit Swatch 3 (seed stitch) and thought since I was redoing it, I might as well find THE perfect cast-on...I alternated purl and knit LT caston to be like the opposite of the first row I would be working and it looks amazing - very cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment