Saturday, December 19, 2009

Excuses, Excuses....

Yesterday my excuse is that I had to go to the post office and get packages mailed off only that really doesn't count because it was the best post office visit ever!!!  I walked in (knitting in hand just in case), literally walked up to the counter, placed all the bundles on the counter and left (after paying of course!) - awesome Christmas present to me!!! I think it was perfectly timed, not early mailing like I have done a few times or barely early enough like I have mostly done!

Today my excuse was finally a little Christmas shopping for DHJ, DSJ, and DDK but then I felt guilty for ignoring y'all so here I am...

Christmas knitting nearly done (at least the pressure's off) - just completing a little something for local knitting friends... Also, Cast on yesterday for a vest for DHJ. Started off with a brioche (fishermans) rib and am using an awesome stitch that I can't remember the name of right now. I am using Cascade 220 and am loving this - hopefully everyone else will too :) 

I even straightened up around here a little bit this morning - it always reaches chaos when I am in the middle of the Christmas frenzy.  I can now enjoy the remainder of the preparation in the midst of (at least the semblance of ) organization... The infamous coffee cakes tonight - no self-rising flour planned for this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment