Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Family, Yarn Shops and New Friends

What a wonderful  long weekend I just had! :)  Started up to PA on Thursday and spent a knit night with Lola (cutie pie little shop dog) and company at "The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For" in Charlotte, NC.  I was warmly welcomed at this tiny treasure of a shop which was packed with lovely yarns especially Debbie Davis' (the shop owner) gorgeous hand dyed creations!  I couldn't resist a skein of a silk wool in Caribbean colorway - can't wait to create with it!  Here's some pics:







After all this hard work :), I rested and off on my journey again on Friday morning, next stop "Lettuce Knit" in Richmond - shop winning the cutest bunny logo award!


Again - warmly welcomed and thoroughly encouraged in my business pursuits!  Thanks Lynne and Trish!:)  I am fortunate that I made it out of the shop with my Double Ruffle Scarf - thanks to Lynne's generosity, the small gauge version will have a big sister shortly out of Merisoft and Noro Maiko!  They also loved my Lacey Cardigan which, like the travelling pants, seems to fit everyone beautifully (well, it has been witnessed that it fits Size 34 - 42)  and will be published shortly in this one size fits most!  Here's more pictures:


I have limited experience in visiting not-so-local yarn shops and again was thrilled beyond belief at the variety that is offered!  It was nearly impossible to leave "Lettuce Knit" - way too many beautiful fibers to see and touch in a short driving break!
 

Next stop "Knit Happens" in Alexandria, VA - the prize winner according to DHJ for LYS name! I am very lucky to have made it into this shop, parking was a little tricky and I even had to parallel park for the first time in a LONG while - definitely worth the extra effort!  This lovely shop exhibits a yummy selection of Rowan (one of my personal favorites), Classic Elite and Teva Durham among many others.  Again .... WAY too little time.  My picture journal follows:




I humbly apologize to all for my horrific camera skills - I'll get better I promise! 

Phinally to Philly!:)  I had a nice quiet dinner on Friday with my Mom and Dad, catching up after too long a time before visiting, then off to my favorite Sister M, Brother-in-Law D, and Niece D's  house (to all of my siblings and their immediate families - you are all my favorites :)) They showed me comfy-cozy hospitality for the couple of nights I was in Philly.  As usual, I felt completely at home - thanks Guys!  Saturday was a whirlwind:  toy shopping for the newest great-grandkids (NOT mine - my Mom and Dad's), a delicious birthday lunch for my Mom (try a Salmon Club Sandwich sometime - yum yum) and then hanging out with Mom, Dad, M, and my favorite weaving sister B!  B came down for a quick visit from New England - we all had a wonderful time although way too short a visit.  B got one of my stitch marker necklaces for a friend.


I hope she enjoys it B!  We had a nice brunch and visit Sunday morning and then I was On The Road Again - I must take an intermission until another day or I will get nothing else accomplished on my first day home!

p.s. Bee liked her bureau scarf :)


No comments:

Post a Comment