Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Itching for Independence

DSJ is in that tricky place between being a boy and an adult man - not that I would know anything about this place :)  My only experience comes from my DBC and I don't count that because I was the bratty little sister who was oblivious to any struggles and declarations of independence that DBC may or may not have had with my parents.  So ... I feel poorly equiped to guide DSJ through the maze of decisions and consequences that a young man faces - thankfully DHJ has a level head and more experience in these matters :)

The dilemna, which doesn't seem like such a big deal now, was that DSJ was invited to go to Hilton Head, SC with a friend's family for Thanksgiving.  DSJ asked very nicely if it would be alright if he went - what to say?  It's just the four of us this year (probably one of the last that will be just us...let me clarify...I don't expect that it will expand quite yet but we sometimes visit extended family over the holidays ) but if we "make" him stay home will he be a pleasant dinner guest? :) DHJ and I pondered this for a while and decided to follow our hearts.  Just let him know that we would REALLY miss him and would like him to be with us over the holiday.  Plus...it's just about the only day that my non-game-playing family will play games!  No problem - (big sigh of relief and a smile)

Enjoying knitting some little things - these are handwarmers to go with a cowl I made - I am WIDE open to photography tips (beyond recommendations for expensive cameras :))


No comments:

Post a Comment