Friday, November 6, 2009

How thick is your blood?

For those of you who don't know, my family hails from the north. We like to call ourselves "yankee transplants"! It sure was a brisk walk this morning at 38 degrees...who would have thought that, being northern-born, I would be freezing at that temperature? We spent years managing happily in close to zero, windy, slushy, rainy, snowy, "you name it" kind of weather and now, temps lower than 70 bring me to my knees (or my sweater closet actually)! My blood has most certainly thinned - perhaps it is a self-induced psychological ploy to wear more cozy sweaters and other handknitted goods :) Now that the closet is full and I almost only wear things once a season, I have had to branch out to designing these comforting woolies so that others may come to feel the wonder of making and wearing non-mass produced winter wear!!! Don't get me wrong, there are ways to wear knits in the heat of Atlanta summers as well - we'll talk about that then.

More soon Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment