Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Girls LIKE "Boys like Girls"

Went to my first inside concert a couple nights ago since "The Cars" (I will let you try to figure out just how long ago that was!!!:)) Took DDK (darling daughter) and a couple of friends to the Tabernacle in Atlanta. Wow is all I can say. Actually it was a pretty nice venue - easy to get into and out of, relatively clean and the water was reasonably priced (not! $4!!! - what is this world coming to?) The Tabernacle has general admission (the in-thing for teens) that is pretty well supervised by the security guys who were about three times the size of a normal human so that they could easily pick up anyone who needed rescuing from the heat of the crowd! Thankfully, very thankfully, the T also has seating in the balconies (we lasted there for 2 of 5 bands) and :))))))) lounge areas for all the parents to watch the show on flat screens and keep an eye on the excited teens!

The girls actually loved the entire concert - DDK's favorite was Cobra Starship but BLG was the bomb! (DHJ (Dear Husband) says I am cool if I call them BLG so now I am officially cool, right?) You're not going to believe this but the girls actually were invited onstage by the band at the end of the concert! Nervana!

Status of Bee's Bureau Scarf - needs something to break up the stockinette in the middle - my task for today - a little over 1/3 done - 3 more days! Hastily dryblocked for a quick look - I am not so sure that it will be a very practical bureau scarf but with a little tweaking, I think it could be a great rectangular shawl!

No comments:

Post a Comment