Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ready, Set, Go

Today I start my blog with much trepidation but even more excitement! There are so many great bloggers out there that I can’t help but wonder – will I be able to do this? Up to this point, my means of getting to know people and have them know me is the simple old-fashioned two-way face-to-face communication method. How can I possibly think that I have the credentials and talent to do this?

I love fiber! Knitting is my primary passion but I have also taken up spinning and dabbled in needlepoint, cross stitch and long to learn to weave (my sister B should be happy with this one!) I have been knitting almost non-stop from the age of 4 when my mother taught me so that she could play tennis without interruption – only kidding – she taught me to pass along the tradition through the generations – hopefully one day my daughter – K – will want to revel in the soothing rhythm of the needles – she knows how to knit but has yet to catch the bug!

I plan to share my knitting and life with you, share my new business, and occasionally point you to a few great online venues that I have come across. I will do my best to write on a daily basis and to make this interesting so y’all will keep visiting. I was planning on asking for help naming my business but alas, I had to take the plunge! So, I am open to contest ideas - keep them coming! :)

The blogs that I enjoy reading are most often short and sweet so that’s it, dear friends, for today. I look forward to getting to know you in the coming days, months and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment